Leave of Absence FAQs

What is a Leave of Absence?

    A Leave of Absence is defined as leaving the University before completing your degree requirements; you must file a Leave of Absence request, whether or not you intend to return to SU.
    Undergraduates initiate the process through the school/college undergraduate office, and graduates do so through the academic department.
    If you leave without notifying the University after the semester begins, you will continue to incur tuition, room, board, and other charges. Course registration will remain on your transcript record, and any grades or grading symbols submitted by your instructors will also appear on your transcript.

Answers to frequently asked questions can be found by clicking on the topic links below:

** University College students please contact the Advising Office at 315-443-3261 or UCinfo@uc.syr.edu for information related to part-time students **